- Birds Gallery
- Owls Gallery
- Magee Marsh Warblers & Others Gallery
- Ducks & Shorebirds Gallery
- Spiders Gallery
- Butterflies Gallery
- Moths Gallery
- Dragonflies Gallery
- Insects Gallery
- Mammals Gallery
- Reptiles & Amphibians Gallery
- Flora Gallery
- Landscapes & Weather Gallery
- Yellowstone National Park Gallery
- Video Gallery
- National Trails PRD Images Gallery
- Cedar Bog Gallery
- Terri Norris Portraits & Graphics Site
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Owlets, Beautiful Red-Wings and a Sora
I spent a couple of hours at Prairie's Edge after Lynda told me that she had located the Great Horned Owl's nest. The former nest had been blown away in a wind storm last year.
Momma Owl chose wisely this year, choosing to nest in a dead tree....and fortunately in clear view!
In addition to the owls, I took some shots of the always gorgeous Red-Winged Blackbirds, and even called in a Sora in the wetlands.
at 7:46 PM