Well, Ohio cloud cover made for some difficult shooting conditions, but I did manage to capture a few decent eclipse images. Standing in the yard for 3 hours was no picnic, but worth the effort.
- Birds Gallery
- Buck Creek Corridor and Local Scenes
- Butterflies Gallery
- Caterpillars Gallery
- Cedar Bog Gallery
- Dragonflies Gallery
- Ducks & Shorebirds Gallery
- Flora Gallery
- Insects Gallery
- Landscapes & Weather Gallery
- Magee Marsh Warblers & Others Gallery
- Mammals Gallery
- Moths Gallery
- National Trails Nature Gallery
- Owls Gallery
- Reptiles & Amphibians Gallery
- Spiders Gallery
- Sunset Silhouette Series
- Video Gallery
- Yellowstone National Park Gallery
Saturday, May 14, 2022
It's always a treat to see a Kirtland's Warbler. These warblers only nest in an area of Michigan and had been on the endangered list for many years. Their population has stabilized, but they still cause a still when they show up on the Magee Marsh boardwalk during migration.
This male flitted around just off the boardwalk for several hours. I loved catching him diving for a midge.